Tumblr for Affiliate Marketing
In this blog post, we'll cover the basics of Tumblr for affiliate marketing.
We'll show you how to set up your account and optimize it for promoting your affiliate products.
We'll also share some tips on creating content and measuring your results.
The Basics of Tumblr for Affiliate Marketing
Tumblr is a microblogging platform and social networking website founded by David Karp in 2007.
The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog.
Users can follow other users' blogs, as well as make their blogs private.
Much of the website's features are accessed from the dashboard interface, where the option to post content and access other features is available.
How can Tumblr be Used for Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people's or company's products.
You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
One way that Tumblr can be used for affiliate marketing is by creating blog posts about products that you are promoting as an affiliate.
You can include links to the product's sales page in your blog posts, and if someone clicks on the link and makes a purchase, you will earn a commission on the sale.
Another way that Tumblr can be used for affiliate marketing is by creating graphics with your affiliate links embedded in them.
You can then share these graphics on your Tumblr blog or other websites and social media platforms.
If someone clicks on the link and makes a purchase, you will again earn a commission on the sale.
Setting up your Tumblr account for Affiliate Marketing
Creating a Tumblr account.
- To create a Tumblr account, go to www.tumblr.com and enter your email address, password, and username.
- Then click "Sign up".
- Once you've verified your email address, you're ready to start using Tumblr.
Creating a Tumblr blog.
- To create a Tumblr blog, go to your dashboard and click "Create a new blog".
- Enter a name for your blog, select a URL, and choose a theme.
- Then click "Create blog".
|How to use Tumblr for Affiliate Marketing|
Optimizing your Tumblr account for Affiliate Marketing
There are several ways to optimize your Tumblr account for affiliate marketing:
- Choose a catchy name for your blog that includes relevant keywords (e.g., "AffiliateMarketingTips").
- Make sure your URL is short and easy to remember (e.g., www.amtips.tumblr.com).
- Write keyword-rich descriptions of your blog and each of your posts.
- Include links to your affiliate products in each of your posts.
- Promote your Tumblr blog on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Promoting your Affiliate Products on Tumblr
Creating Tumblr posts.
- Affiliate marketing on Tumblr is all about creating great content that promotes your products in a way that is both interesting and effective.
- There are a few different ways to go about this, but the most important thing is to make sure that your posts are high-quality and engaging.
- One way to create great content for your affiliate products on Tumblr is to write detailed, helpful posts about the products themselves.
- This can be anything from a review of the product to a tutorial on how to use it.
- Whatever you write, make sure it is well-written and informative.
- People will only share your content if they find it valuable, so take the time to create something truly worth reading.
- Another great way to promote your affiliate products on Tumblr is through graphics and photos.
- If you have some creative skills, you can design infographics or images that interestingly showcase your products.
- You can also hire someone to create custom graphics for you if you don’t have the time or skills to do it yourself.
- Just make sure that whatever you create is high quality and eye-catching so people will want to share it.
- And finally, one of the best ways to get people interested in your affiliate products is by offering discounts or exclusive deals.
- If you can offer people something that they can’t get anywhere else, they’ll be much more likely to click through your links and make a purchase.
- So if you’ve got some great deals on your products, be sure to promote them heavily on Tumblr.
Creating Tumblr pages.
- In addition to creating regular posts promoting your affiliate products, you should also set up pages dedicated specifically to each product (or each group of products).
- These pages should include more detailed information about the product, as well as photos, videos, or other types of media that will help people learn more about it.
- You should also include links back to your website or blog so people can easily find out more about what you’re selling.
- Creating these kinds of pages will not only help you promote your affiliate products more effectively, but it will also allow you to rank higher in search engines for certain keywords related to your product.
- And since search traffic can be extremely valuable for any online business, this is something worth taking the time to do right.
Creating Tumblr graphics.
- As we mentioned before, one great way to promote your affiliate products on Tumblr is through visuals – specifically, through graphics and photos.
- If you have some graphic design skills (or know someone who does), you can create infographics or other types of images that interestingly showcase your products.
- This can be a great way to get people interested in what you’re selling without bombarding them with text-heavy posts all the time.
- You can also use visual media like photos and videos to show off your products in action.
- This can be especially effective if you’re selling physical goods like clothing or accessories; seeing the product “in real life” can help potential customers visualize how it would look on them or in their home/office/etc.
- which makes them much more likely than if they were just looking at a static image online somewhere.
- If you don’t have any graphic design skills yourself, don’t worry – there are plenty of resources out there that can help you get started.
- Canva is a great and free online tool that anyone can use to create professional-looking graphics, and there are plenty of other options out there as well if you’re willing to invest a little money in them.
- So if you want to get started with visuals but don’t know where to begin, definitely check out some of these resources.
Measuring your Tumblr Affiliate Marketing Results
Tracking your traffic.
- To gauge the success of your Tumblr affiliate marketing campaign, you'll need to track your traffic.
There are a few ways to do this:
1- Install Google Analytics on your Tumblr blog.
- This will allow you to track how much traffic you're getting from Tumblr, as well as where that traffic is coming from (i.e. which posts are getting the most views).
2- Check your affiliate account dashboard.
- Most affiliate programs will provide you with some sort of dashboard that shows how many clicks and sales you've generated.
3- Keep an eye on your website's overall traffic.
- If you see a sudden spike in traffic after implementing a Tumblr campaign, Tumblr is likely at least partially responsible for that increase.
Analyzing your conversions.
- In addition to tracking your traffic, you'll also want to analyze your conversions to see how successful your Tumblr affiliate marketing campaign is.
There are a few things you can do to do this:
- Check your affiliate account dashboard (most programs will show conversion rates).
- Compare the conversion rate of visitors from Tumblr vs other sources of traffic.
- Look at the overall sales or leads generated from your website (if available).
- Again, compare these numbers before and after implementing a Tumblr campaign to see if there is a difference.
Advanced Tumblr Affiliate Marketing Tips
Automating your Tumblr posts.
- You can use IFTTT (if this, then that) to automate your Tumblr posts.
- For example, you can set up a recipe so that every time you publish a new blog post, it automatically gets posted to your Tumblr blog.
- This can save you a lot of time since you won't have to manually post each new article.
|Advanced Tumblr Affiliate Marketing Tips|
Creating a Tumblr theme.
- Creating a custom Tumblr theme is a great way to make your blog stand out and give it a professional look.
- If you're not a web designer, there are plenty of pre-made themes available for purchase.
- Just be sure to choose one that's optimized for affiliate marketing, so it includes features like banner ads and product links.
Hiring a Tumblr virtual assistant.
- If you don't have the time or inclination to manage your Tumblr blog yourself, you can always hire someone else to do it for you.
- Virtual assistants are relatively inexpensive and can handle everything from posting content to promoting your products.
Tumblr can be a great platform for affiliate marketing if used correctly.
By creating a Tumblr account, optimizing it for affiliate marketing, and promoting your affiliate products through posts and pages, you can reach a wide audience and generate significant traffic and conversions.
To maximize your results, track your traffic and conversions, and consider automating your posts or hiring a virtual assistant.
With a little effort, you can successfully use Tumblr to support your affiliate marketing goals.